The RS Games Client
The RS Games client is a revolutionary game client that allows people to play games against each other through a central server hosted by RS Games. Unlike RS Games Monopoly, which was a single, standalone game, the RS Games client allows players to play multiple games. This means that when RS Games releases a new multiplayer title, you can easily start playing from the convenient client, without downloading any new software. Perhaps one of the coolest features of this new client is that it is cross-platform, that is, users of the Linux and Mac OS X operating systems can now enjoy RS Games Blackjack, RS Games Monopoly, RS Games Uno, RS Games Yahtzee, and any future multiplayer titles we release.
The RS Games Client makes use of a protocol we have created known as ZGP. You do not have to download any new software when we release a new title. Just login, select the game, and the sounds will automatically download. Once this process completes, you can start playing right away!
- Works on Windows, Linux and Mac.
- One software download for ALL of our multiplayer card and board games.
- Automatic sound downloading when you choose to play a newly released title.
- Super quick bug fixes. Since almost all the work is done on the server, we can fix most bugs quickly, and add new features without you having to download anything.
- Automatically detects and uses your screen reader, or Microsoft Sapi, the built-in text-to speech system available on Windows.
- One account allows you to play all of our games
- All errors are logged to a file which you can send to us, allowing us to easily identify and fix bugs
- Ability to stream .pls files with Control+B
- First letter navigation in menus
New Features in Current Version 2.01
Version 2.0 was released as part of our fifth anniversary celebration, and
includes the following new features and bugfixes:
- Real-time Voice chat: Version 2.0 of the RS Games client allows players to voice chat with each other in real time! See the Voice Chat Section for details on how to use this exciting new feature!
- Fixed a bug where the client would stop responding when downloading sounds, preventing some users from playing the games
- On Mac OSX, VoiceOver now reads the text of input boxes when navigating with
- VoiceOver review commands
Note: Version 2.01 is a patch for version 2.0 that fixes a bug where the client would sometimes freeze when launched. It is recommended that you download this update. It is currently available for Windows only, a Mac patch is coming soon.
Click here to read the RS Games Client Readme.
Please note that the specific documentation for each game (such as Monopoly or Uno) is linked in the RS Games Client Readme.
Please note that many updates we make to the games are posted on our Twitter, @rs_games. You may view these updates even if you do not have an account.
The RS Games client has been tested with Windows XP and later, and supports the following screen readers/synthesizers:
- JAWS for Windows
- Window Eyes
- System Access and System Access to Go
- Dolphin Supernova Access
- Sapi 5
Tested with latest version of Ubuntu and Vinux (Linux version updated November 2014). The following software/packages need to be installed:
As of September 2013, we will provide a Python 2.7 build only. If you really need a Python 2.6 build, please contact us.
- On Ubuntu, the packages are python-wxgtk2.8, python-wxtools, wx2.8-i18n
(Installing python-wxWidgets will work on openSUSE).
- pycrypto. This can be installed easy_install or pip, or through the tarball found on this link. Your package manager may have it as well, probably named: python-pycrypto.
- faulthandler. Can be installed via package manager: python-faulthandler
- configobj. Can be installed via easy_install or pip.
- requests. Can be installed via easy_install or pip.
- python-espeakCan be installed via package manager: python-espeak or via launchpad.
- NOTE:. It is a a known issue that on Vinux, the client may need to be killed with Control+C inside the Terminal, and not by Alt+F4.
Mac OS X
Tested with 10.4 and up. To install, simply copy the rsg.app file from the disk image to your applications folder.
DownloadIf you have read the documentation, then please click the download suitable for your operating system.
- Windows (.EXE)
- Mac (.DMG)
- Version 2.0 NOT Available Yet. Version 1.6: Linux (Python 2.7): Linux (.ZIP)